Responsible for nutrition care and education of inpatients and outpatients. Work is performed in accordance with established rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the hospital and TJC.
• Four year college degree in nutrition plus one year dietetic internship required.
• Must be self-starter, able to work unsupervised, and able to maintain numerous projects at one time.
• Must be able to work closely with nursing and medical staff to coordinate nutrition care plans.
• ADA registration and licensed in the State of Louisiana required.
• Requires periods of walking, standing and/or sitting during the work day.
• Must be able to reach for, lift and carry relatively light materials.
• Safety hazards associated with this job include potential to come in contact with communicable diseases and/or hazardous materials.