This position assists nurses, nurse practitioners and physicians with patient care as directed. Works to ensure smooth and efficient coordination between nurse practitioners, physicians, staff and patients. Works under the direct supervision of the office manager and nurse or nurse practitioner.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Prior medical office experience or completion of a medical assistant program required.
• Requires prolonged periods of walking, standing and/or sitting, bending, stooping, kneeling, and using fingers repetitively.
• Must be able to work at a personal computer or computer terminal.
• Position requires someone who is computer literate, exceptional keyboard skills as well as someone who is self-motivated and has strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have the ability to work as a team and overcome internal and external challenges that may arise.
• Ability to take direction from the office manager or practitioners/MD.
• Must be professional at all times with a positive attitude, well groomed, and prompt.