Assists the Nutritional Services Director in planning, directing, and coordinating activities of the department conducive to high quality food preparation and service. Scheduled days and hours may be varied as necessitated by the smooth running of the department.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Must have visual and auditory skills, be able to read and speak English, take verbal and written instructions, lift supplies and food preparation equipment.
• Requires prolonged periods of walking, standing and/or sitting, bending, stooping, kneeling, pushing and pulling with hands and using fingers repetitively.
• Must be able to tolerate heat generated from oven, stove, steam table, and steamer, as well as cold from refrigerator and freezer.
• Supervisory experience in hospital food service is preferred.