Performs clinical laboratory science/medical technology tasks in all areas of the lab, including blood bank, chemistry, coagulation, hematology, microbiology and serology. Performs phlebotomy, skin punctures and other specimen collections competently and expediently as required. Has thorough knowledge of test requirements.
• Must be a Medical Technologist or Technician, or Lab Technician familiar with all areas of Laboratory medicine.
• Must have a current Louisiana license for Clinical Laboratory Science as a Generalist or Technician.
• Requires prolonged periods of walking, standing and/or sitting, bending, stooping, lifting and kneeling.
• Must have good written and oral communication skills, long-term memory, judgment/reasoning ability.
• Must be able to speak in front of people and interact efficiently with the public.
• Must be able to maintain good judgment, reasoning skills and professional manner in stressful situations.
• Must be able to work week-ends and holidays.