Under supervision of the RN, performs direct and indirect perioperative nursing tasks for patients undergoing operative and invasive procedures, primarily in the Scrub role. Performs assisting tasks during procedures under the direction of the surgeon. Also responsible for central sterile and materials services tasks as assigned. Patients range in age from pediatrics through geriatrics, both inpatients and outpatients.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Successful completion of an approved Surgical Technology program preferred.
• Previous experience as a surgical technologist required.
• Work requires prolonged periods of sitting, walking and standing.
• Lifting and positioning of patients with assistance is required.
• Must be able to work on-call/call-back (30 minute call-back time required).
• May be required to work irregular shifts, weekends, holidays.