Carries out established nursing procedures and the nursing process for assigned patients in the OB/Newborn Unit. Responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes safety and well being of all patients on the assigned unit. Plans, directs, coordinates and evaluates the clinical nursing practice of the OB patient and newborns. Performs the RN skilled assessment/procedures and med administration. Participates in the development and implementation of hospital policies and procedures. Maintains open communication with all staff to promote improvement in performance. This position requires a sound basic knowledge of nursing practice and leadership abilities and the competency with primary responsibilities to include the care of OB patients, well newborns and sick newborns.
• Active State of Louisiana RN Licensure or Temporary Permit (permit must be received within 60 days) required.
• Valid CPR certification required.
• Must have visual and auditory skills, be able to read and speak English, distinguish colors, be able to pull up or reposition patients, lift supplies, place equipment on supports, and perform external cardiac compressions.
• Requires prolonged periods of walking, standing and/or sitting, bending, stooping, kneeling, pushing and pulling with hands and using fingers repetitively.
• A significant amount of writing is required.
• Must be able to work at a personal computer or computer terminal.
• Must be able to work week-ends and holidays, 12-hour shifts.