Performs diagnostic imaging procedures of selected anatomy as requested by the referring physician. Provides Imaging care to patient for the purpose of obtaining quality diagnostic imaging studies for interpretation by a Radiologist.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Must be a registered/licensed technologist or registered eligible and capable of working a flexible schedule.
• Must be familiar with functions of diagnostic imaging department via professional training.
• Must possess license from Louisiana State Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners as minimum requirement.
• Must have visual and auditory skills, computer keyboard skills, be able to read and speak English, have good long and short-term memory, be able to interact effectively with the public, and be able to position patients as necessary.
• Requires prolonged periods of walking, standing and/or sitting, bending, stooping, kneeling, and using fingers repetitively.
• Must be able to work at a personal computer or computer terminal.
• Must be able to work week-ends and holidays, various hours or shifts.