Registers all patients while ensuring correct demographic information from patient. Is responsible for up-front collections of payment from patients. Handles the functions of the switchboard, updates daily census, performs cashiering duties, verifies insurance coverage/benefits for patients and pre-certs patients.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Must have visual and auditory skills, computer keyboard skills, be able to read and speak English, have good long and short-term memory, be able to interact effectively with the public, and be able to lift office/computer supplies.
• Requires prolonged periods of walking, standing and/or sitting, bending, stooping, kneeling, and using fingers repetitively.
• Must be able to work at a personal computer or computer terminal.
• Must be able to work week-ends and holidays, various hours or shifts.