Performs phlebotomy, skin punctures and other specimen collections competently and expediently as required. Has thorough knowledge of test requirements. Other tasks include posting, filing, cleaning, restocking, clerical functions and courier route.
• Must have completed a course in phlebotomy.
• Requires prolonged periods of walking, standing and/or sitting, bending, stooping, lifting and kneeling.
• Must have good written and oral communication skills, long-term memory, judgment/reasoning ability.
• Must be able to speak in front of people and interact efficiently with the public.
• Must be able to maintain good judgment, reasoning skills and professional manner in stressful situations.
• Must be able to work week-ends and holidays.