Carries out established nursing procedures and the nursing process for assigned patients in the Cath Lab. Responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes safety and well being of all patients on the assigned unit. Plans, directs, coordinates and evaluates the clinical nursing practice of the assigned patients. Participates in the development and implementation of hospital policies and procedures. Maintains open communication with all staff to promote improvement in performance.
• Active State of Louisiana RN Licensure and valid CPR certification required.
• Must have prior critical care or ER nursing experience. Cath Lab experience preferred.
• Must have visual and auditory skills, be able to read and speak English, distinguish colors, be able to pull up or reposition patients, lift supplies, place equipment on supports, and perform external cardiac compressions.
• Requires prolonged periods of walking, standing and/or sitting, bending, stooping, kneeling, pushing and pulling with hands and using fingers repetitively.
• A significant amount of writing is required.
• Must be able to work at a personal computer or computer terminal.
• Shifts are mostly Monday through Friday, 8-hr or 12-hour shifts.
Shifts are mostly Monday through Friday, 8-hr or 12-hour shifts.